International Acquisitions and Partnering
-International Commercialization, Administration and Operations Improvement
-Benefits of working with us
1. Sign up for international business email list.
2. Contact us form below if you are ready for assistance.
3. Alliances go to About us page to contact us.
Operations Capacity can be divided into different levels. At the Capacity planning level decisions have to be made about resource allocation.
Offshoring is locating operations out of country. Captive offshoring is when the company maintains a control in foreign entity.
We work with lean consultants and operations planning professionals.
Our focus is on firms that have considered or tried better planning and or increases in equipment purchases for example, and are interested in evaluating the option of a lower-cost operations in a new jurisdiction.
For example a small or medium manufacturer is growing and instead of investing in increased capacity in their existing plant they decide to look at lower cost jurisdictions within the North American free trade zone. Here is where we are able to assist.
We help companies develop new operations capacity in new jurisdictions either to improve competitiveness while growing or as a turn around strategy for struggling companies. Please see the following Projects page for information on example industry sectors we are able to assist.
- Understanding of your industry
- Strategy Development whether related to outsourcing, joint ventures or other structures, we are experts are defining the correct solution for your situation.
- Accessible: we are able to develop an optimum pricing strategy or value exchange, not simply relying on service fees
Operations capacity solutions for whom?
Every individual consulting assignment is unique to each company’ situation. The general starting solution we recommend is the Operations Capacity Course. For those that are still not sure the Introductory Seminar is the next best option.
These are the types of people that engage us:
- Struggling & Growing Companies, the companies them selves that would like assistance.
- Investors including private investors, pension funds, university endowments, and charitable foundations. Co-investing in operational capacity represents an opportunity for these groups to invest in a return generating asset.
- Professional service providers. As alliance partners where a accountant, lawyer or management consultant can assist his or her client develop additional options. Or as a operations capacity or outsourcing service firm that would like to subcontract or partner with us.
Companies should not over-commit to an emerging market without the right local partners and business strategies. Dealing directly with local people can be disappointing.
Mergers and Acquisitions: this is a common area of improvement,
Methods we can help you set-up manufacturing or service operations:
- Contract Manufacturing / Services or Sub-contracting: pros, cons
- Joint Venture (International)
- Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- Shelter Operation
- Outsourced Manufacturing / Services
In the case of a International Joint Venture
We can be one of the parties to participate in and help administer the JV on your behalf. International Joint Ventures are fraught with challenges and having a partner on your side to participate in and help you manage the relationship gives you the advantage.
Joint Venture Partner-Broker
Our main service is being a JV partner / broker for a new JV business that involves both our company to assist your company with its objectives.
This is sometimes referred to as a Joint Venture broker, that is paid in a mix of fees, comission, and equity (common or preferred).
Our joint venture service consists of working with you to define and establish the JV type, and develop and administer the JV together. Please see FAQs for additional general information.
However our services can be further elaborated on for those that simple require a professional service. In that case we provide the following types of services:
- Market research (see our research services)
- Market entry planning
- Evaluation of the regulatory environment
- Legal approvals
- Identification of possible partners
- Evaluating commercial factibility of possible partners
- Manage negotiations with future partners
- Risk identification and planning
- Plan development
- Market research to check viability of entrance plan or pilot program.
- Setting up a warehouse, manufacturing facilities, offices.
- Site Selection
- Supply Chain Assistance
- Property Search
- Real Estate rental
The types of services we works with: Tax services, legal services, real estate agents, bankers/lenders, government liaison, business associations.
- Having a foreigner as a local director goes a long way, especially one that understands the challenges dealing with local people represent, we are in this respect a stabilizing and communication flow agent for strategic and operational decision-making.
- We also continually recognize deficiencies and opportunities, and bring additional resources where frequently the foreign and local JV partner simply are not able to or unmotivated.
- We help obtain grant financing as applicable, an example of an opportunity that benefits all JV parties.
- We also help identify and qualify the local JV candidates.
- We recognize opportunities that the local JV partner may decide not to mention possibly because as for them there is no benefit (an example in cultural differences), whereas we are committed to the success of the JV.
- Having operations established in the jurisdiction also means the business can take advantage of the international trade agreements with other countries.
- Favorable tax treatment in North America’s low-cost jurisdiction as well as favorable tax treatment for the JV structures (the JV which is owned by its partners, doesn’t pay taxes on the products or services it receives (instead of buys) from its partners (taxes are paid using agent, representative or distributor type relationships.
Benefits Collaborating with us for Off-Shoring:
Joint-venture outsourcing-offshoring partners can have their own growth agenda and the attention you recieve can be diluted overtime as they grow you may feel left behind.
For efficient long term relationships especially in service off-shoring where collaboration is required, a low cultural and language barrier is important.
Talent and cost are not sufficient, there are many possible outsourcing partners that will not put an enfisis in the professional relationship and helping its clients achieve its goals, and instead
You need JV partner that will be able to assist as if they were a local collaborator and one that is interested in a long term relationship, help you through tight situations and be relied upon for continuity.
Are you the owner, director or senior executive of a small or medium sized enterprise, that is looking for options to improve competitiveness and would like to consider how to access competitive operations capacity globally? In today’s competitive environment, you without a doubt need to consider operations capacity at an international level. We are the resource [...]
[eshop_show_product id="1148" hide="date, author"]